Hobbiton Movie Set Tour
Take a visit to the Hobbiton movie set, the film site for both the Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit Movie Trilogies and experience Middle Earth with your own very eyes!
Hobbiton was created on a sheep farm in Matamata, in the Waikato region of New Zealand after it was discovered by New Zealand’s renowed film maker, Sir Peter Jackson, who envisioned the gorgeous countryside as the site to build the homes of the famous hobbits from JRR Tolkien’s books and to create ‘The Lord of the Rings’ and ‘The Hobbit’ trilogies.
The movie set has been left and maintained since the filming of the movies for all Middle Earth fans to come and enjoy for themselves. Hobbiton is truly a must see for all Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit fans.
Experience a guided tour of Hobbiton by a trained professional who will show you through the 12 acres of countryside and explain where different parts of the film were made where you are welcome to take photos and enjoy for yourselves. See the famous Hobbit Holes, the Mill and be treated to a Hobbit beverage in the famous Green Dragon Inn, as featured in the films.
Ezy Driver provides a highly professional & entertaining transport service for your group to and from this attraction. We can also assist with transport solutions & detailed itinerary planning covering all of New Zealand.
- Tours from the Shires Rest start at 08:30 to 17:30 every half hour and open 364 days of the year rain or shine.
- We recommend departing by 6:30AM arriving in time for the 9AM tour. Arrival time back in Auckland is around 2PM with additional sightseeing stop-overs available.
- Travel time from central Auckland to the Shires Rest is 2.5 hours each direction with an optional stop off in nearby Matamata town on the way for a quick 25 minute breakfast and coffee / tea break.
- Ticket prices are $79 per adult ticket or $39.50 per youth ticket (9 - 16 years old) or under 9 free. Tickets can be purchased together with your transport option below.
Please note: Hobbiton is extremely popular in the summer months and tickets must be pre-booked well in advance, which we can arrange for you. Clicking 'book now' below and purchasing on-line will not guarantee we can accommodate your suggested date and time during the peak season.
Duration : From 8 Hours
- Location: Matamata, Waikato
- Transport from NZD $790.00 + tickets